Yup, you read that right.....A delicious Margarita without a single grain of sugar! In honor of Taco Tuesdays, it's the perfect time to share one of my favorite drink recipes!
The trick is in the simple syrup, rather than usuing the typical sugar water mixture, make your own and substitute honey for the sugar!
12 oz Honey
16 oz filtered Water
- Bring water to a boil
- Stir in Honey and reduce heat to medium low. Simple syrup should be light brown in color depending on the quality honey used.
- After Honey is fully blended remove from heat and add limes
- Refrigerate and let sit overnight
- Remove limes next day
For an extra spicy treat add some chopped jalapenos and cayenne pepper to the mix in step two. This adds a slight spiciness which isn't noticeable at the first sip!
Ruby Red Grapefruit
Silver Tequilla (my favorite is 1800)
Gingerale (Ale8 is preferred if available)
- Combine 2 parts Sea salt and 1 part chili powder into shallow dish
- Use a lime slice to wet the edge of the glass then dip in salt mixture.
- Fill glass with ice
- In a separate glass mix 1 oz Lime juice, 1 oz Lemon juice, 1 oz Grapefruit Juice, 2 oz Tequilla, 1 1/2 oz simple syrup and shake.
- Pour mixture into the glass with ice while adding Gingerale. Portions should be roughly 3 part margarita mixture 1 part Gingerale.
- Garnish with a Grapefruit slice and serve